VANDALIA KENNEL PUPPY CONTRACT
Betsy K. Plumer 2229 Hammonds Mill Road Hedgesville, WV 25427 (C) 304-433-4444 email to: email@example.com
This contract is entered into this the _____ day of _______ 201___ between Vandalia Kennel, hereinafter referred to as “Seller” and(see below), hereinafter referred to as “Buyer” for the purchase of a Dutch Shepherd described as follows:
BUYER: Name: _______________________________________
Home & Cell #__________________________________
1. DESCRIPTION OF DUTCH SHEPHERD: (circle one)
Sex: Male / Female
Color: Brindle / Black / Fawn
Whelped ________________ Sire__________________ Dam_________________
2. SALE PRICE: $ ____________________ (10% discount to law enforcement)
Seller requires a $250 non-refundable deposit to reserve a puppy. Deposits may be applied to a future litter if pup dies or has a serious genetic defect detected by Seller prior to delivery. If payment is made by check, Seller will not transfer dog until 14 days after check has been deposited and cleared the bank. Once sale price has been paid in full by Buyer, Seller shall transfer dog to Buyer.
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO : Elizabeth K. Plumer
3. SHIPPING: Seller agrees to ship the dog to buyer via airline out of Dulles, IAD airport in Washington DC or Reagan International Airport in Washington, DC once sale price is paid in full. Dog will be shipped either by COD for payment by Buyer at point of delivery for the flight ticket or by pre-paid shipment by Buyer paying Seller all shipping costs prior to shipping. Buyer shall pre-pay prior to shipment cost of crate and health papers in the amount of $125.00 for an 8-10 week old pup. Additional shipping costs will apply to older dogs.
4. PAYMENT: Buyer shall pay sale price and shipping costs in full when pup is 8 weeks old for shipment at approximately 9 weeks of age via airline.
5. PUP PICK UP/DELIVERY: All pups shall be picked up or Buyer shall be available for receipt of pup via airline shipping within 10 days notice to Buyer that pup is ready for delivery to Buyer. Pups are generally available for pick up at 8 weeks of age and for shipping at 9 weeks of age. If Buyer is unable to pick up or receive pup after 10 days notice from Seller, Buyer shall be responsible for a daily boarding fee of $10.00 per day that is due prior to Seller delivering pup to Buyer. Buyer shall be required to pay full sale price of pup at 8 weeks of age if Buyer is unable to pick up pup or have pup delivered within 10 days notice to Seller that pups is ready for pick up/delivery. If Buyer is unable to pick up or have pup delivered within ten days notice that pup is ready and Buyer fails to pay the sale price of the pup in full by pup being 8 weeks of age, then Buyer shall forfeit their deposit and right to receive a pup.
6. GUARANTEE: The dog is guaranteed to be generally healthy at the time of purchase to the best of Seller’s knowledge. To keep this guarantee in effect, Buyer must have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian, DVM, within 4 days from the date of receipt of the puppy for a healthy puppy exam. All vet fees shall be the sole responsibility of the Buyer. Should the vet find the dog does not pass a healthy puppy exam, the pup may be returned to Seller within 48 hrs of the failed vet exam. Buyer shall be responsible for shipping/delivery costs back to Seller of the pup. Seller shall return the UKC registration application and all other paperwork given to Buyer by Seller. Buyer shall also be required to provide on Veterinarian letterhead a letter describing the date of the healthy pup exam and the reason for the failed healthy puppy exam. Should Buyer choose to return the puppy to Seller due to a failed healthy puppy exam, Seller has discretion to offer Buyer a replacement pup from the current or a future litter based upon availability of pups.
Seller does provide a 2 year genetic health guarantee that guarantees a replacement puppy to Buyer should the pup be determined by OFA to not have normal hips or elbows or to be determined by Penn Hip to have hip dysplasia. Buyer shall spay or neuter a dog not having normal hips or elbow and provide Seller with proof thereof to be eligible for a replacement pup. Seller does not require return of the dog.
7. Buyer acknowledges that he/she understands this contract fully and that this contract is under the laws of the State of West Virginia. Should a dispute arise regarding this contract, buyer agrees to binding mediation in West Virginia as the avenue of recourse. This contract may only be modified in writing.
Above terms and conditions agreed to by:
BUYER DATE SELLER DATE